If you own a car, it will need repairs eventually. However, it is possible to prolong the time between trips to the Car repair Nashville shop by following the preventive maintenance tips below.
Signs of an AC Problem
If your vehicle’s air conditioning system isn’t working correctly, there could be an issue with the compressor that circulates refrigerant throughout the unit. Check to see if any fuses or switches have gone bad, or if there is faulty wiring or a broken belt; any of the above can cause a compressor malfunction.
Symptoms of PCV Issues
A PCV valve malfunction can cause poor idling, decreased power and lower gas mileage. If you notice any of these signs, inspect your PCV valve and clean or change it as necessary. Below are some easy tips and repairs which can save a substantial amount in repair costs:
- Air filter replacement: This five-minute job can help you save on both fuel and repairs.
- Cooling system flush: Another simple job which makes your engine run cooler and last longer.
- Have the proper tools: If your car breaks down and you try to improvise repairs, you can do more harm than good.
- Replace spark plugs: Your car’s owner’s manual should contain a maintenance schedule. Stick to it as closely as possible to keep your engine running smoothly and your fuel mileage high.
- Replace the fuel filter: A clogged filter will lower your gas mileage and let harmful contaminants into your engine.
- Clean the fuel injectors: With every oil change, use an injector cleaner to ensure that the system runs at peak efficiency.
Follow the manufacturer’s recommended oil change interval: Your car’s owner’s manual will specify the oil to be used. If you can’t do it yourself, have it done at a best Car repair Nashville shop. Changing your oil on time will give you increased fuel mileage and a more powerful engine.
Prevent corrosion of electrical parts: Ensure that all connections are rust-free and clean. For example, your battery terminals should be kept clear of dirt and corrosion.
Every motorist needs car repairs at some point, but there are ways to extend the time between service visits. By following the guidelines above, you can extend the life of your car and stretch your car repair Nashville budget further.
Be the first to like.